Health systems engineering applies industrial and systems engineering tools and approaches to a wide variety of healthcare problems. Through engineering, we hope to revolutionize the patient and caregiver experience, improve people’s health, help to control healthcare costs, leverage healthcare data for improved decision making, and enhance equity and transparency in emerging healthcare technologies. Due to its highly interdisciplinary nature, the Health Systems Engineering program welcomes students with other professional interests.
We focus on the following areas of work:
- Smart and connected healthcare
- Financial, numerical, statistical and simulation modeling to aid healthcare organizations and healthcare personnel
- Decision analysis applied to the optimization of clinical guidelines
- Evaluation and optimization of patient safety
- Clinical decision making and decision support
- Applying analytics tools for personalized and precision medicine